Books are such a passion for me. They teach me, inspire me, remind me, entertain me, and yes, sometimes even manage to annoy the hell out of me 🙂
But since I was a young girl, they have been an integral part of my life (Thanks, Mom).
I set some tough reading goals for myself this year…. they are:
1. Read more classics – Now that the classics are free on Amazon for the Kindle, I realize how many of the classics I have never read. What a shame! Now that I can get them as free downloads, I have no excuse. So beginning in January I began my journey into the world of classic literature. I also belong to a wonderful Book Club called The Reading Cove. These ladies have joined me in some of my selections. So far this year I have completed: Anna Karenina, Northanger Abbey, Peyton Place, Where Angels Fear to Tread and Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
2. Read books themed in Korea, about Korea or by Korean/Asian authors. As my boys were born in Korea, I feel it is important to stay connected to the culture of their birthland. This amazing culture interests me so much and through reading I have already learned alot!
3. Reduce my “physical” TBR (to be read) pile to zero to free up space for…you got it, more physical books! Although I LOVE my Kindle, I still love the smell, touch and way a “real” book reads. I want to finish the books which I have accumulated over the past months and even years. They have somehow escaped me and have gotten overlooked by other, more interesting reads.
4. Set a number goal for completed reads for the year….My goal is 150!
5. Keep a Book Log and map out your book choices by the month.
How do you feel about the Books in your life ?